THE TEN RULES FOR BEING HUMAN
Not written by, but passed along by David G. Markham. C.S.W.
1. YOU WILL RECEIVE A BODY. You may like it or you may hate it, but it will be yours for the entire period this time around.
2. YOU WILL LEARN LESSIONS. You are enrolled in a full-time informal school called "life". Each day in this school you'll have the opportunity to learn lessons. You may like the lessons or think them irrelevant and stupid.
3. THERE ARE NO MISTAKES, ONLY LESSONS. Growth is a process of trial and error and experimentation. The failed experiments are as much a part of the process as the experiment that ultimately works.
4. A LESSON IS REPEATED UNTIL LEARNED. A lesson will be repeated to you in various forms until you have learned it. When you have learned it, then you can go onto the next lesson
5. LEARNING LESSONS DOES NOT END. There is no part of life that does not contain its lessons. If you are alive, there are lessons to be learned.
6. THERE IS NO BETTER THAN HERE. When your "there" has become "here", you will simply obtain another "there" that will again look better than "here".
7. OTHERS ARE MERELY MIRRORS OF YOU. You cannot love or hate something about another person unless it reflects something that you love or hate about yourself.
8. WHAT YOU MAKE OF YOUR LIFE IS UP TO YOU. You have all the tools and resources you need. What you do with them is up to you. The choice is yours.
9. THE ANSWERS LIE INSIDE YOU. The answers to all life'squestions lie inside you. All you need to do is look, listen and trust.
10. YOU WILL FORGET ALL THIS.
Email comments to me, David Markham
Back to main page Return to article index